Let the learning begin...



For a few years now I have followed a group of bloggers who, every October, blog for 31 days about a particular topic that is near and dear to them at the time.  Every year, as time approaches, I always make plans to participate and something always hinders me from following through.

As October 1st got closer and closer, I began to struggle again with wanting to participate but didn't want to start something I wasn't sure I would finish but something deep inside told me to go for it...so here I am.

I have started my blog, am writing this post to introduce you to my topic, and will, in a few short minutes, link this post up with more than 1200 other bloggers who are on the same journey.  Will I make it all 31 days...I sincerely hope so!

So as I thought about what I could spend 31 days writing about, I decided to look at what I was walking through right now in my life.  August 15th started my first year as a new teacher.  I have taught in the past, either subbing or while in college getting my degree, but this would be my first opportunity at a full year in my own classroom with my own babies!  The journey so far has been an uphill struggle but I have seen small lights beginning to flicker on in the eyes of my students and it makes every uphill climb worth it.  So, the idea for my 31 days of writing was born...31 days in the life of a new teacher!

Every day in my classroom is a new day of learning for me and I look forward to sharing that with you as you follow along with me on my journey.  Some of my ideas for posts include:
  • what I have learned through professional development opportunities
  • what I have learned through reading
  • what I have learned through planning
  • what I have learned through my babies
  • and so much more...
I look forward to having you join me on this journey.  Come back here every day for the link to the days post and to catch up on any posts you might have missed and let's walk this journey together!

  • October 1 - Be Prepared...
  • October 2
  • October 3
  • October 4
  • October 5
  • October 6
  • October 7
  • October 8
  • October 9
  • October 10
  • October 11
  • October 12
  • October 13
  • October 14
  • October 15
  • October 16
  • October 17
  • October 18
  • October 19
  • October 20
  • October 21
  • October 22
  • October 23
  • October 24
  • October 25
  • October 26
  • October 27
  • October 28
  • October 29
  • October 30
  • October 31

Happy journeying...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment